ExploreHD 3.0 - picture capability?

For research purposes we want to have a two ExploreHD’s attached to the BlueBoat. For the bluerov I understood its plug and play is that the same for the blueboat or do we need additional ports. Additionally we don’t want video but save images to a local onboard ssd for computer vision training data can we program the camera in combo with the pi to be able to do so?

I am trying to connect the ExploreHD to a Bluerov build but so far it is not working well at all.

Ohhh… is it jot functioning at all or something else? And can you make pictures?

Anyone else who is successful?

The picture comes through but something is not working as it should. The camera itself works fine when tested directly on the topside PC but as soon itis connected to the Rasberry Pi it goes south. See my post here: ExploreHD - Extreme latency, freeze and pixilisation

I was hoping DWE would try to get a camera worling with QGC and share, but so far nothing.

Okay, yess would be nice if they could help. But as I understand you are able to make pictures or only videos streams?

Our cameras are UVC and USB compliant. If your vehicle has a USB port and is running a windows, linux, or mac operating system, your system will recognize the camera just fine. You should be able to program the camera however you want to obtain images.

Softwares like QGroundControl are considered legacy software and we recommend using Discovery for the simplest video streaming possible.

We understand some users like metrics displayed on their video feeds and so another option is to use BlueRobotics’ QGroundControl replacement, Cockpit.

We have a number of customers who have successfully integrated our cameras with the BlueROV and other vehicle setups with minimal hassle, and we aim to provide that experience for everyone! Please see our docs for more information or email our support directly: support@dwe.ai.