ExploreHD in place of BR2 Camera

Wondering if you would supply camera without housing and potentially bracket to mount on tilt inside BR2 Electronics enclosure.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

We currently sell the HDcam, which is the same camera board as the exploreHD but without the housing! We currently dont have a bracket for mounting inside the Blue Robotics Enclosure but are working on one :slight_smile:

You can see comparison of it with other ROV cameras on our website!

1 Like

Your documentation suggest using fisheye lens for underwater. If mounted in enclosure with dome wouldn’t it be good to use the non-distorting lens for HDcam?

1 Like

Unfortunately, we have yet to find a non distorting lens that works well with our AI TrueColor Technology. It usually produces pink vignetting on the edges and the low light performance of the non distorting lens isn’t the best.

Thus we recommend the fish eye lens that is also used on the exploreHD flat port. :slight_smile:

You could also replace the BR Low Light ELP H.264 stock camera and put it on our camera to see if that works well! :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Do you mean stock lens from BR camera?

1 Like

Yes! Sorry, I mean you can take of the lens from the stock ELP camera and install it on the HDcam. We can also send you 2 lenses if you like to test with your order so you can see which works best!

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thanks, what time is it where you are? It’s 1 am in Houston. I’m in Mozambique at moment and did expect response for another 10 hrs or so.

1 Like

Any idea on when you might have bracket. Could be couple months before I might integrate into potential sale of ROV I am making.

1 Like

Hi!

Yes, we will try our best to make a bracket as soon as possible. We are currently designing a housing for the camera so that may help with attaching it to the servo and other areas.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi !

I would like to replace the ELP stock camera in my BlueROV2 Heavy with your HDcam 2.0 USB camera
What about the bracket to fit the camera tilt inside BR2 ?

Best Regards

Erland
Norway

Hi there, we just made a mount for it here.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0575/8785/9626/files/BlueROV2_HDC_Bracket_v5_1.stl

This is for the new HDCam housing. It will not include a tilt but our Wide FOV lens of 180 degrees should be wide enough that a tilt is not needed.

Thanks!

Hi Joseph

Thanks.

I have instead ordered a ExploreHD camera with fisheye lens .

Do you know when this will be finish and can be delivered to me ?

Order #1119.

Best Regards

Erland Hansen

1 Like

Hi there,

Our estimated lead time is about 2 weeks right now. It is stated on our site when you order. We are working to fulfill your order and it will be next on the list.

1 Like

Has anyone tried mounting the HDcam in place of the BlueRobotics ELP camera yet? I’d like to see a photo of it mounted if anyone has done it. Did @ehanROV end up making the conversion?

Hi Caravelle

I did not do the conversion with HDcam 2.0 inside the enclosure.
I ordered the exploreHD 2.0 as the thinner glass provides much better image sharpness compared to the HDcam 2.0 in the dome according to Deepwater Exploration.
I will hopefully place the camera in front of the battery enclosure or next to it.

Erland Hansen

You may find this mount useful made by one of our customers!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Joseph

I have also seen this on the Blue Robotics Community Forums.
I I will 3D print this mount, and mount the camera to this in front of battery enclosure.

Best Regards

Erland Hansen

1 Like