Challenge with multiple camer/new BlueOS

I’m faced with a challenge that I hope has a solution. Here is some history:
Before this winter’s refit, my system consisted of a companion/Pixhawk combo running the vehicle, and a second RaspberryPi running BlueOS version 1.0.1 with 3 DWE cameras connected and a fourth camera being IP/RTSP. The DWE video server RaspberrPi IP was 192.168.2.22. At the surface, I ran the DWE branch of QGC with an RTSP/IP camera for the main screen and the three DWE cams for the other views (UP,Down,Aft). Everything was great!
Now, as part of the refit, I changed out the companion/Pixhawk for the BlueOS(beta16)/Navigator combo. As a result, I now have two instances of BlueOS running: 192.168.2.2, and 192.16.2.22. These now conflict and the system is not functioning.
If I bypass the second RaspberryPi and connect the DWE cameras to the Navigator/Raspi combo, I lose the rtsp feed in QGC.
As the second BlueOS/Raspi combo is used exclusively as a video streaming server, is there a way to strip-down that instance of BlueOS? Could I run it on a different subnet up to a second computer on the surface? Change it’s name? Alternate DWE camera straming software for the RaspberryPi?
Cheers,
Ken

Hi!

It seems you can resolve your issue by utilizing our DWE Camera streaming software. You can load this onto the RPi with the cameras (instead of using BlueOS). You can find that here on our docs.

The software allows more capabilities/control over our cameras, compared to BlueOS. You would be able to stream our cameras over UDP and gain the ability to change the bitrate (on a per-camera basis). You would also have control over all V4L2 settings for each camera (TrueColor, brightness, etc.)

Another solution is to eliminate the secondary RPi altogether by utilizing our 7-port Multiplexer that allows up to 7 cameras to be connected at one time. Link to product. You would be able to install our software on top of BlueOS, resulting in only needing 1 RPi.

Feel free to reply with any additional questions or concerns!

1 Like

Thanks @Kunal!

That worked perfectly. I kept the second RPi to act as the video streaming server. It keeps things separate, and that’s how the cabling worked out.

Cheers!
Ken

Sounds good! If you are curious, we just made a video about connecting our cameras with a Raspberry Pi in detail.

Thanks!